Monday, March 23, 2009

Shakeups at St. Mary's (2nd update)

While attending the SAYLA Counselors & Cocktails fundraiser Thursday night, I heard about some recent personnel changes at St. Mary's University School of Law, including some professors that might not be teaching next semester.

I haven't been able to confirm all the names mentioned, but after making some inquiries, I verfied the following:

There are two other individuals who may not be back to teach at St. Mary's; once I get them confirmed, I will update this post.

UPDATE: I spoke with one of the other individuals I heard about:

  • Assistant Professor Cheryl George, who teaches educational law and criminal law, is under consideration by the law school's faculty senate tenure committee, but she told me that she doesn't think she is at liberty to talk about her situation. She said she will let me know what happens.

SECOND UPDATE: I talked to the final individual I had been trying to reach:

Roseanne Piatt told me she received high evaluations from law students who took her classes, and students held a rally on her behalf recently. She said she will do what she can to convince administrators to change their minds. Meanwhile, she plans to stay in San Antonio.

DISCLOSURE: While a law student at St. Mary's, I took classes from all three of the professors/instructors I mentioned above.

No comments: