Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Peacemaker Awards

I attended the Peacemakers Awards Gala on Friday, thanks to San Antonio attorney Michael Black of Burns & Black P.L.L.C.. His firm paid for a table at the event and one of the attorneys there gave my co-blogger James Rodriguez some tickets to the awards banquet, and I tagged along. We shared the table with attorney Ted Lee of the intellectual property firm Gun & Lee P.C., along with some members of the St. Mary's School of Law Student Bar Foundation.

The event, of course, benefits the San Antonio Bar Foundation, and this 2009 its 25th year of existence. The point of the evening (other than eating, drinking, and socializing) was to announce the 2009 Flight of Peace Peacemaker Awards:
There were several judges in attendance, and I saw a bunch of people I knew from the San Antonio Young Lawyers Association, the Bexar County Women's Bar Association, , a few classmates I graduated with and some of my professors, along with some other local lawyers , including Nancy Shivers of Shivers & Shivers and mediator Dan Naranjo. All in all, it was a fun evening.

No comments: